Saturday, May 30, 2009

The Bachelor/Bachelorette Secrets

To the girls who love The Bachelor and The Bachelorette:

Last night I learned some things that will BLOW YOUR MIND!!!!

The new season of The Bachelorette has a guy from Boise, Idaho on it. John H was sent home early, but last night, I learned some things. Turns out John H used to hang out with my friend Tiffany and Tiffany's husband Mike does work with John and sees him quite frequently. Enough that Mike asked him how it went on the Bachelorette and if he was bumbed he had to come home so early. Here's what I learned:

1. John didn't actually like Jillian and found her quite annoying so he was ok going home early.
2. The Bachelors are PAID to be there. John made about 10,000 bucks for his time.
3. Each Bachelor before the show is flown out for free and put up in a 5 star hotel.
4. The Bachelors are given a clothing allowance and have to go get 8 custom fitted suits and various other clothes to wear on the show. They then get to keep everything.

Isn't that crazy!!! I LOVED learning this stuff so I hope it adds to the enjoyment of the show. I don't watch the Bachelor or Bachelorette currently but I used to in college so finding out stuff like this is neat for me. Now we know why everyone looks good and has fantastic clothes! Also, why they can take time away from work to do this sort of thing. Moral is, if you want to do the reality show thing, do the dating ones! You make out better financially than not.

3 comments:

Molly said...

really!?! that totally makes sense.

Katie said...

Wow...that's cool! I wondered if they got paid, or were just really wealthy people to begin with...because who could be gone from work that much and have such nice clothes too??!

Lisa said...

I had heard that they get paid while they are there, but thanks for the insider facts Megs! I was glad to see that Idaho was represented. They need more normal down to earth people like that! But I am lovin the Canadian Bachelorette even if she can be a bit annoying :)

Don't you miss watching shows like this all together in the chapter room?!? Those were the days....