Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Are you ready for some spring football?!?!?

My husband is a football fan. A HUGE football fan. He played in high school and now he coaches a youth football team. He roots for the Seahawks in the regular NFL season and we watch various college football. In the spring, Arena football starts up and Boise has a league 2 team. The upper league was canceled this year so a lot of top talent has become available for our team to choose from! Should be a good season.
My wonderful mother gave me some advice many years ago about men and sports. You either embrace it, or you become a widow to it. Since I enjoy sports, it was easy to become a football fan.

We attended our first Boise Burn game on Saturday night. The nice thing is that these games are relatively inexpensive and they do a good job of including fans in the action since at any point a player or ball can come into the stands. My poor friend Tiff was hit in the eye with a football last year! But if you catch a football you get to keep the football so that's kind of cool since they retail at $50 bucks.

This weekend we destroyed the team from Tri-cities so it was fun! I like winning and when the score can be 70 points, what is more fun than that!
Anyway, if you've got a team in your area I suggest going, it really is a lot of fun. the rules are a little different from regular football but easy to master. Seats on the upper deck are the better seats because you can see all the action. These are also the cheaper seats! Do not sit at any of the ends, you have the nets in front of you, not good seats. Middle, upper, that's the place for you!
All of these pictures are directly from the Boise Burn website and are not mine!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I am a big fan of your husband! If I lived closer, I would go to the games with you. And just think, college football season is only months away!!