Let's take a look at the photographic evidence.

50? I'm calling that birth certificate into question. I'm convinced my parents were in grade school when they had me. No way are they both 50!
My mom is amazing. I'm like her in a lot of ways and unlike her too and she rolls with my punches. Our mannerisms are incredibly similar which is something I'm coming to recognize as an adult. I act a lot like her which is good. My mom has the uncanny ability to see everything in a fun atmosphere. No matter what, we are going to enjoy ourselves! It's that kind of optimism that I have inherited.
Mom also never wanted to rush me into growing up. She let me discover things at my own pace, something I appreciate. I was different girl than my mother was, but she never tried to mold me into something I wasn't. If I wanted to wear flannel every day, by god I was wearing flannel. I was never forced to wear dresses when I didn't want to or anything like that.
So a Happy Birthday to my mom! She did a great job raising me and is always there with advice as I hit all these crazy life stages she has been patiently waiting for me to get to! I love her a lot!

2 comments:
Yay! I love your mom too. When is she coming over for her next visit?
How did I never know that our mom's have the same birthday?!?
I love your mom and think the world of her. She is so loving, considerate and I have been so appreciative of her kindness towards me over the years. What a great lady! I really should road trip down the coast and visit her...
And I agree that she did a great job raising you :)
Post a Comment