Monday, April 13, 2009

Yea for weekends and mondays

I actually had a really good weekend. It was my friend Tiffany's birthday so we went to Boise's not quite professional basketball team's game. It was tolerable. But it was free and that was the important part. I just can't deal with Basketball, it is mind numbingly boring. I made it though!

The fun part was that we hit up two bars downtown. The first one, Liquid, is wonderful and has some of the best priced drinks in town. Brian ordered three drinks and it was under 10 bucks. Plus, my basic diet cokes were free! Hurray! Sadly Liquid had a HORRIBLE band playing so we packed up and went to J T Toads Lounge, another downtown. The band was a little better, not much, but we could attempt to dance. The ventilation was horrible so I reeked of smoke terribly bad when we got home. Ugh, I can usually handle the bar smoky smell and a quick change of clothes is all I need. But I jumped in the shower and scrubbed off I smelled so bad. Plus my eyes were all irritated and blood shot from it. The group of friends was supposed to stop smoking but they've all picked up again. *sigh* Oh well, I will outlive them all!
I did learn something about my husband; He does not like paying cover charges. The nice thing about this is that he was able to negotiate with both bouncers of both clubs to give us a group discount rate! This is insanity, and yet he was able to do it! Saved us a ton of money since people covered us at both places just because Brian got the price down.

Saturday we ran some errands and then went to our friend's house for games and dinner. (Hi Christine!)

Sunday was a productive day! I mowed the lawn while Brian picked up dog poop and weed-whacked. Then he took a whole lot of allergy pills so he could continue breathing. He likes yard work, it just attacks him. There is still a lot to do but it's been fairly rainy today so it will have to wait.

Plus, I have new tires!!! It sucks that I had to actually purchase brand new tires, but it's also kind of cool that my car has new tires. I love my car. She still runs fairly well after all these years, so it was nice to buy her some new wheels. Now I just need to get some new hubcaps, since I only have 2 on the car. It's fabulously ghetto!

I hope everyone else had a good Easter weekend!