Wednesday, April 15, 2009

To My Chi Omegas

This Saturday is a Chi Omega Alumnae luncheon for the Alpha Gamma chapter, formerly of Utah State University. I won't be there.
Now I'm pretty bummed about this, but I'll be in Las Vegas so I can't be too morose. Brian and I booked our tickets before the lovely luncheon was arranged. However, it sounds like this might be an annual event so here is hoping for next year.
I do want to share something with my sisters to let them know that they are in my thoughts.

This is a quilt i've been working on since I graduated 5 years ago! It's still not done, but it is getting closer and closer to completion. It's all of my old Chi Omega and Greek t-shirts. I'm pretty proud of it. Here are some close ups:

I'll admit I am not the best seamstress, some of the squares are not quite squares, but It's still fairly cool. Plus this thing is HUGE!

So there it is! Still a work in progress, but progressing rather well!
I'll miss all of you and be thinking about you this weekend a whole lot. Party hard for me, and don't forget to play a little Tiffany!

6 comments:

ED said...

Megs!! That is awesome! You are so cute and talented. I wont be there either and I miss everyone so much.. it makes my stomach sink to think I am so close but can't be there.

RaeAnn said...

Go Greek! Not that I ever officially did, but was a visitor at many parties. My girlfriends were all Pi Beta Phis. Seems like it is worth it to join just for the T-shirts! Have fun in Vegas!

Katie said...

MEGS! I'm so jealous! I've wanted one of those quilts made out of all my old shirts for SO long...LOVE IT!

Breezy said...

I've been working on a quilt like that too! Except all I've gotten done in the last 5 years is get the t-shirts all cut up. It's baby steps for me, so I figure in 20-25 years it'll be done. Oh and p.s. we missed you at the luncheon!

Cara Sue said...

This is so cute! I love it. I have had good intentions for years, but all I have managed to do is not throw the t-shirts away. We missed you!

Lisa said...

Megs - you are so crafy!! I think we are all being motivate to do our ChiO t-shirt quilts because of you.

I missed you!! It wasn't the same without you...