The other media option is Netflix. Along with the DVD's that can be sent to us, we have the option of instant download via XBox live. This has been fun! Very few new releases are available on instant download, but plenty of old movies! Such as:

CLEOPATRA!!!
Wow did I forget how good this movie is. I've only seen it on TV which is the very edited version of the movie. The directors cut which Is what I watched over the span of a couple weeks is 5 and half hours long! But it's so good!!! I always found myself wondering about the Cleopatra/Anthony angle which was heavily cut down. This is supposed to be the great love story and yet I never got the feeling that it was. That's because it was cut down drastically for the theater version.
Elizabeth Taylor is wonderful, not a surprise here. I liked Richard Burton a lot more in this extended version. His inner turmoil is more fleshed out and his love of Cleopatra is more emotional and real. Such a good historic epic!
Like I said, i've been watching a little of it at a time over the past couple weeks while I folded laundry. At 5 hours, that's the only way to do it unless you can hang out and make it a marathon.
I'm liking Netflix. I've got Singin' in the Rain up next. Any other good oldie movies people would like to recommend to me? I don't know how much longer this unemployment is going to last!

1 comment:
If you are up for a musical, I love Calamity Jane with Doris Day. Don't know if Brian would sit through it, but I love it!
Post a Comment