Not too much has been happening in our little lives, but some good stuff today. Brian had an interview for a new position at work today and it sounds like it went very well. He did a good job and hit it off with the gentleman interviewing him. We won't know until later this week, but even if he didn't get the job, just having a good interview is a positive thing too. I kept teasing him that here I was, two months unemployed and HE is the one with the interview.
I am somewhat enjoying being home every day. Ok, not true, I'm going insane. But what am I going to do? I'm trying to be a good little housewife. I do have a good story that involves our dog.
Our dog hates to get wet. He hates rain, snow, sprinklers. We aren't sure why, but he hates it. Last night before bed I was pretty sure he wouldn't go to the bathroom because it was raining a little bit. He goes outside, stands on the porch for about a minute then turns around to wait for us to let him in. I expected him to wake us up in the middle of the night when his bladder couldn't handle it anymore. Sure enough, 4 am he starts whining.
Here is how being unemployed has changed my behavior. I used to nudge Brian awake and make him deal with the dog. Not so this time. Especially with him having an interview, I've been getting up in the middle of the night with the dog if he needs it. So I stumble out of bed and open the back door. Dozscha stuck his nose outside, realized it was cold, and then backed up and wouldn't go outside. He made a little noise which is a precursor to a BIG noise and since I was trying to be as quiet as possible, I had to use my best scary voice and say "You go outside and go potty!" It worked because out he went. Not sure if he actually did his business since i didn't have my glasses on, but I let him in after a few minutes and he was quiet until we got up this morning.
I am becoming The Dog Whisperer.

1 comment:
You are so funny! I love it! I am totally seeing you trying to intimidate the dog in my head. :)
Post a Comment