Monday, February 2, 2009

Resolution update

It's been a little over a month so here is an update on my New Years Resolution update. The one's in bold is where i've made progress!

1. Find a Job that I enjoy and feel good about going to every day. (0/1)
Still nothing on this front. However, there were 2 jobs I aplied for last week that I am really hoping to get an interview for. One was for an Accounting Clerk with the Sheriff's office, and another was for an HR assistant job with the BLM. That is the one I REALLY want, so here's hoping! Tommorow there is a job fair that I will be going to, the city is putting it on, I just have to keep applying and hoping.

2. Get healthy and loose at least 30 pounds. (8/30)
I'm doing well this month on the weight loss, i'm really happy with my progress. Even though we are doing the lo-carb thing, I'm making sure to eat fruit, something we don't really do. I am also keeping an eye on the calorie's. Just because it's lo-carb doesn't mean it's a free food!

3. Exercise at least 3 times a week. (12/156)
This one has been really easy since i'm unemployed! I have worked out more than 3 times on several weeks, but I am only counting three a week, even if I go over.

4. Write 3 pages a week. (0/156)
What the heck? I was writing like a madwoman right before New Years but nothing since. I need to make a more concentrated effort for this.

5. Make 2 blog posts a week.(13/104)
Doing well in this regard. Keeping family and friends up to date of my happenings. I just need to not fall off the face of the earth.

6. Learn to sew
I found out about the classes, but they are 30 bucks, so I'm waiting until I have a job to sign up for these.

7. Start a vegetable garden
The snow on the ground has really been the main inhibitor for this!

8. Start a compost bin
Same as above. I am tired of winter and it's only February!

Ok, not great, but fairly good. A few I need to work on more this month!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I think you've got a great start. I fact that it is February and you are holding yourself to your resolutions is better than 90% of people. I applaud you!!