Wednesday, February 4, 2009

What I did today

This is Part One of a hopefully not continuing series I like to call: Household Tasks so Easy, You Feel Like an Idiot when They become Incredibly Hard!

That's the working title...
My task today was simple. Change the burnt out light bulb in the laundry room.
But I soon discovered that there were 2 light bulbs that needed to be changed and one of them, was broken!

What to do? I grabbed a potato!

We don't really eat carbs, so this guy has been in the closet since Christmas. I liked him since he started rooting it up, or whatever is going on here. I figured this was the potato to help me!

After struggling to get the non-sharp part of the light bulb still stuck to go into the potato, I was able to loosen it enough to where I could manually twist the broken light bulb out.

I should also mention that I made sure all the light bulbs were off before I stuck my finger that close to the socket while I was balanced on top of our washing machine.

The finished project!!! Light bulbs in!

This concludes the first, and hopefully only installment of: Household Tasks so Easy, You Feel Like an Idiot when They become Incredibly Hard!

1 comment:

Katie said...

ha! you are hilarious!