Thursday, June 11, 2009

Some Updates

Where has the time gone? Here is what has been going on with the Bates.

-My birthday was fun. Brian spoiled me all weekend! We didn't go out and do anything because of the weather, but he still manages to make me feel special. I baked a ton of cupcakes and decorated them like M&M's. I'll get the pictures up here soon.

-We are using my birthday money, his birthday money and the money we had set aside for each other's presents to buy iPhones!!! I'm excited. My phone has died and I've got glue holding it together. Brian has a first generation iPhone that has broken and it's going to cost $200 bucks to send it in and get it fixed. So... why not buy the new $200 iPhone coming out the end of next week instead? I'm incredibly excited!

-I'm starting a new blog, link to come shortly. This will contain recipes of things I'm cooking, as well as home improvement type of things. This blog will not have any details about me and Brian and it will have advertising on it. I'm pretty excited about this!

-I am loving the Boise Public Library! We are reading more and several books I wanted to buy I just borrowed and am very glad I did because they were not as good as I had hoped and I wouldn't read them again. So yea! Saved some money!

-Brian interviewed for a job in the Tri-cities but we haven't heard anything sense. He applied for a couple more jobs in the Tri-cities as well. His dad lives over there. Surprisingly, I also applied for some Environmental Scientist jobs but haven't heard anything. As the Boise economy continues to tank, we are really pursuing moving. I love Boise, but if we have to move, we will. Rumor is that another round of layoffs are coming at Brian's work at the end of August. He's managed to avoid all of them so far, so I hope that the trend continues.

-I continue to be very unemployed. My unemployment lasts until the end of this month and then the federal relief kicks in. I'm not sure how that program works. I hope to find a job so I don't have to worry about finding out! Since I've been laid off, I have applied to, at minimum, 50 jobs and I have not had a single call back. This week, honestly, I'm feeling kind of crappy about that.

-I am a nice little handy-woman this month. I re grouted our bathroom all by my lonesome and I painted our front door. I also am re-caulking both bathrooms. It's cool learning this stuff and trying it out. So far, I seem rather good at it!

-Our dog has lost his mind!!! Last night at midnight he woke us up with his "our home is being invaded" barking. Then he did it to me again this morning. I'm not sure if it's the invisible man who is trying to get us or what, but last night there was nobody even walking around our neighborhood. This morning it was the garbage man. A scary villain indeed.

-My parents had their 30th wedding anniversary on Tuesday! They are coming to visit us at the end of June and then we are visiting them for the 4th of July.

I think that's it! Pictures are long overdue so I'll get some of those up shortly. Today I need to get the lawn mowed and my flower beds weeded. Just staying busy!

1 comment:

christine said...

Shut up. You are not moving. I dont want to hear any more foolish tal of this! :(