I have actually thrown my back out so instead of going to a friends birthday party tonight, I am on the couch with the heating pad while poor Brian waits on me hand and foot. Not cool.
So I added some links on the side over there. The places I like to visit. Since nothing else is going on, let me draw your attention to some of these links.
Skeptics' Guide to the Universe I actually heard these folks mentioned on NPR and decided to download their podcast which is one of Itunes top podcasts of 2008. Basically it's a science podcast. They talk about fake doctors and scientists and other issues. But beyond that they have revered scientists on the show to explain the real science behind the subject they are discusing. They had a top Egyptologist on this week's podcast. Everything correlates to the scientific method and it makes you think. I am really enjoying their discusions. To go with that is also Skepchick. This is a group of women from all over the country discusing scientific issues as well as just being silly as they break down whatever crackbrained news item they come accross. The podcasts need some work, there are only 2 of them, but the blog itself is a good read.
Let's break away from that and pick something else. The Nest which is a cousin to The Knot. It's for what happens after the wedding. A fairly basic website, I like their article, but like The Knot they do not delve into any subject too deeply. I wish they had a career subject tab since that's important too, but this is a basic reference for random things that may come up in the early days of marriage.
So if you are bored, try some of those. Anyone have any fun website recomends?

2 comments:
Sorry about the couch thing, but then again sometimes it is great to slow down and be waited on. The blog you recommended is a pretty good read. I seem to be the lame duck on the cool blogs. I have lost momentum on the Obama blogs I was following. Other than being stuck on the couch how is life? I saw Brad and George at a restaurant the other day and they both looked at me like I think I know her but not sure. I must have made a lasting impression. LOL!! I hear that it has been a little dramatic over there. Wow my quick comment has turned into a ramble. Well hope things are good, bug you later.
I used to frequent The Knot and The Nest too...and suddenly I started getting a The Nest magazine....don't ever remember signing up for it, but I LOVE it. Hopefully it keeps coming! Do you get it?
Post a Comment