Monday, December 29, 2008

Big Bummer

Aaaaand... Laid Off.

Today my manager called me in and laid me off. So... Suck.

One other person in the department is getting laid off too, so I feel bad for her. Or at least, that is what I was told. Who knows, i've been lied to for a few days now and I kind of started to suspect that bad things were coming along. One of the offices I entered timecards for didn't send me timecards last week and I wasn't getting a response as to why until today when I took a look at some of their timecards and saw that everything had been entered already. So someone was doing that part of my job.

I'll miss everyone at work, it kind of sucks in that regard. I like some of the other managers and a lot of people in other departments. They said they were hoping they could hire me back in March, but who knows.

Hey, at least Brian's job is good and secure right now. We'll be fine, it is just kind of a crappy way to start the new year. I started 2007 unemployed and I was looking forward to not having to deal with that again.

Ugh, i'm just going to drink a lot tonight and start the new job search tommorow. We'll see where I end up.

1 comment:

christine said...

What a lame end to 2008! I'm so sorry!

But I am glad that it means you can come over for wine and TWO types of fondue on a Monday night! See you soon!