Wednesday, December 31, 2008

2009 Resolutions

I didn't do this last year. In fact I don't think i've put any resolutions to print since I was a little kid. I've been feeling a little lost and out of sorts the past few months, so putting some goals down on paper seems like a pretty good deal. Some of these are quantifiable, some are not, but here they are.

1. Find a Job that I enjoy and feel good about going to every day. (0/1)

Seems pretty self explanatory. Entering the new year unemployed is not the way I thought 2009 would start. I will find a job! Even though, being let go at my job was not the ideal plan I had started to feel restless and like I was constantly beating my head against a wall. I would like to find a job that makes me feel good about working there. Something where I am doing good, maybe even helping people. A job where it's ok to smile.

2. Get healthy and loose at least 30 pounds. (0/30)

Brian and I want to start our family this fall. To do this, I need to be in much better shape than I am. As such I need to get serious about my weight loss and get serious about healthy living.

3. Exercise at least 3 times a week. (0/156)

This I feel like I can do. This goes hand in hand with the being healthy and loose weight.

4. Write 3 pages a week. (0/156)

It doesn't matter what I write. I need to write. I hardly did any writing at all in 2008 and I miss it, a lot. I think taking the time every week to write something, will be good for me.

5. Make 2 blog posts a week.(0/104)

With two blogs, I should be able to do this easily! My family and friends would like to know what i'm doing, it's time to let them know!

6. Learn to sew

I can get by with my skills but I would like to improve them. There is a fabric store down the street that gives classes, I will investigate this and improve my sewing skills until I can actually make something!

7. Start a vegetable garden

I really wanted to do this last year but the wedding got in the way, so I will actually accomplish it this year!

8. Start a compost bin

My grandma had the compost pile to end all compost piles and I wish I had paid a little bit more attention. I will start my own little compost bin this spring.

I feel like this is a good start. I reserve the right to add to this list as the year goes along.

2 comments:

Katie said...

Wow....I'm impressed! I can't think of any resolutions that I think I can keep...

christine said...

You're amazing! I had so much fun with you last night! Happy New Year 2009 (insert me yelling and making people think I was tipsy, but was really just high on life and Coke Zero)!