Tuesday, October 21, 2008

My name

So the wedding is 11 days away... wow. I am thinking more and more about what is going to change. Really, we've been living together for a year and a half so nothing big there. We'll share a bank account, that will be strange, but we'll still have our individual accounts for fun money.

The part i'm getting weirded out by? Changing my name. It seemed like such a good idea 6 months ago! Why is it getting weirder to think about being Megan Bates? It's a good name. I'll still write under Megan Curtis and when we have kids, if we are lucky enough to have a boy, then we'll name him Curtis.

Did anyone else start getting weirded out about the name change?

4 comments:

Ashley said...

I got really weirded out about changing my name a month or so before the wedding. I think Byron thought I was just having a crazed bride moment. Obviously I did change my name and I'm glad I did. You'll be surprised how natural it feels and how quickly you get used to it!

Breezy said...

I'm glad your having issues with the name change too! I broke the news to Karl that I don't plan on changing my name when we get married next year. He's not happy, but he'll get over it. I might change it eventually and make Ariotti my middle name since I don't have a middle name anyway. I've had my name for 27 years, I'm a little attached to it!

Lisa said...

Yes, yes and oh, did I mention yes. I agree with Bri. I have been married for 3 years and still haven't legally changed my name - I have this little excuse called immigration paperwork. To not completely piss off my husband - I will need to change it at some point. So yes, its normal to feel wierd about it - Or at least I did. I mean my name is Suker isn't it?!?!
Bates is a good name though :)

Katie said...

Not so much weird, but I STILL (a year and a half later!) occasionally write my maiden name on accident without noticing...weird!