
For those who didn't know, I am pregnant! That is a picture of our sweet little girl up there. I am about to start my 22nd week. Baby Bates as we are calling her is due May 30th and i'm pretty dang excited!
I will be honest, pregnancy has not been fun. My morning sickness is more of an all day thing and it hasn't gone away. My doctor has me taking some over the counter stuff and that's helping, but it's still rough when food is just not my friend. It makes eating a little difficult. But it does make me want to have our little girl here already! I still have some time to wait.
I'll post some pictures of how round I am getting. Erg, it's weird to be gaining weight and have it be a good thing. With all my years of watching what I eat and keeping my calories down, it's hard to change that mentality but do it in a healthful way. But my Midwife says i'm gaining weight correctly so i should stop worrying about it.
Don't let the use of the term "Midwife" freak anyone out. I have not gone all natural on you. I am seeing a Certified Nurse Midwife who is really cool. It's just the way things went. I have to go to a certain hospital for my insurance and the way they do things is you see whoever is available until you need an OBGYN. So my monthly visit is with my midwife, and then my once a trimester ultrasounds are with an OBGYN. Plus when I go into labor, there are 3 OBGYN's that are on duty as well as getting my Midwife or one of the other 2 midwifes that work at her practice. So I am not worried about my doctor situation at all. Plus when I asked her opinion about an Epiduryl she looked at me and said "It's your birth. If you want to go natural, we will help you. If you want the drugs when you walk in the door, we can do that." I knew she was awesome right then.
So yea... that's what has been going on with me and the husband! I hope everyone else has been having a good year!

1 comment:
ahhhh! I was about to leave a "kill the dolphins" message but with news like this all I can say is Congratulations! :) That is soooo exciting!
I am so happy for you- hope you have a wonderful pregnancy. You will be a wonderful mom Megs.
Beijos.
Miche
Post a Comment