Ohhh.... that's why.
This is Roger Huerta who is an amazing fighter. He's got very dangerous kicks but also a great ground game. Plus his life was one of badness that he has triumphed over. Here is a kid who the system failed and it's only because two teachers at his high school decided that this was a kid that they needed to save. That is why he isn't dead in a gutter somewhere. Shows what a difference a teacher can make in someone's life. In fact, after he got into college, his teacher asked if he would be ok with her adopting him.
Plus he's a little cutie.
I really recomend learning the rules of the sport, because there are rules, and those rules are there for the fighters protection and their safety. UFC is the biggest organization and they do tend to be a little classier, more stickler to the rules. There are a few other organizations but I haven't been as impressed. UFC does not have a woman's division which is a shame. If anyone is a fan of American Gladiators, the Gladiator Crush is an MMA fighter, and incredibly dangerous kickboxer. She is fun to watch too. If anyone has any questions or is interested in this sort of thing, I am a wealth of knowlege and would glady talk your ear off!


1 comment:
I am so glad there is someone like me! I love UFC! Matt and I get paid-per-view for free (we steal a dish signal from the US) and we can't miss a UFC event. As you would probably guess I am a huge George St Pierre fan. Wasn't the Brock Lesnar fight last weekend amazing?! Oh Megs, I wish we lived closer so we could watch together...
Post a Comment