Monday, August 18, 2008

Farmers Market

I haven't been to the Boise, saturday famers market in a few months so I decided I needed to go. Brian hates that sort of stuff, so I spared him the torture of it and me and my friend Tiff went.

I got some amazing vegetables too. A small box of cherry tomato's, both red and gold colored and they are yummy. Some small carrots, a bunch of lettuce, and three GORGEOUS onions that were really yummy in our tacos last night. I also hit up the Idaho Cheese booth and got Ranch flavored cheese curds and tomato basil cheese curds. I have an adiction to the cheese curds.

Is anoyone else a fan of the local market? Does anyone else have access to one?

Our is only May through September on saturday's 10 to 1, so it's fairly limited availability. I love the local farms. Next year, Brian and I are hoping to get a deep freezer so we can buy part of a cow or something like that. I'm hoping to find a chicken farmer so we can buy a lot of chicken meat since that's what we eat the most. Most of the booths are certified organic, so that's another plus. We have a local co-op in town that Brian and I will occasionally go to but the prices are ridiculously high and the owner tends to be a dick about many local issues. I can't wait until we get a Whole Foods or, in my wildest dreams, a Trader Joes. Both stores I like, and it will give the co-op the competition it needs.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

I would give anything to have a Trader Joes near by. I spent ALOT of time (and money) there and Matt gets so annoyed when I HAVE to go there everytime we are in the states. I feel your pain!!!

The Tucketts said...

What the Megs? I saw you on Kim's blog! you look fantastic and it looks like things are going well for you (minus someone hitting your car)! This is Mandi, by the way! We'll have to keep in touch!

Natalie said...

It was a banana-split cake...very yummy!